A Little Sprinkling

ORIGINAL, UNIQUE WEARABLE ART

Today, with so many men and women working outside the home,

it is rare to find time to indulge your passions...like art!

A favorite quote on a Mary Engelbreit drawing gives me encouragement:

"You're never too old to be what you might have been."

Make time to enjoy what you truly love. I'm just beginning the journey.

My Links (also, flikr):

http://www.mydreamgarden.etsy.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Dream-Garden/108203335873284

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Granddaughter's Christmas Eve, Following Halloween!

Oh, don't get me wrong. I know Halloween is just over, but, my goodness. You'd think that Christmas anxiety would leave us alone until at least after Thanksgiving!

There are 45 days left to shop. I plan to make some glass candle holders for my grandchildren. They will hold battery-operated candles that change colors, and come in glass cylinders covered with colored glass pebbles or amber glass stars and moons. I can't wait! The little ones always enjoy what I make them for Christmas.

You should have seen her eyes on Christmas Eve, five years ago, when my oldest granddaughter walked into our family room and spied a little girl--just about the same size as she was--sitting in front of the Christmas tree. I had made her a 4-year-old stuffed doll just her size and placed her in a small chair. Even the grown-ups thought some unknown child was joining our annual celebration as they did a "double take".

As soon as she got her dolly home, she named her, "Hailey Doll". Do you know that she has taken Hailey Doll to bed with her every night for five years? It's true! She said, "Mimi, sometimes I wake up in the morning and I'm laying on the floor on top of Hailey Doll, but I don't remember how I got there." How could you tell she was a heavy sleeper?! 

I love creating, especially for my own kids, but those of us who have businesses to run--full-time or part-time--barely have enough time to keep up our orders and mailing packages, let alone adding to it by making things for our very close family and friends. Nevertheless, I've slowed down those swirling thoughts in my head to try to focus on the important people who are so very dear to me.


I wish you all luck in finding the time to be creative as well as to find the time to shop on Etsy for the rest of your Christmas needs. I'll be there. Will you?



Pleasant dreams of little ones, sugar plums, toys, stockings, knitting, painting, sewing, woodworking and all the other lovely, creative thoughts that are part of your imagination... Good night to all and to all a good night!


Christmas Carol

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Trenton, MI, United States
Art is my passion. My shop at mydreamgarden.etsy.com is just a little jaunt. Please stop by my shop anytime and also follow this blog. Feel free to leave comments, especially positive ones! I invite constructive criticism as well; it makes for continued growth. Write me: mydreamgarden@wideopenwest.com. "itsmydreamgarden" on Yahoo. Google "mydreamgarden" and link to my Etsy website from there. You can also get to my Etsy page from this blog. Go to my Profile and click on the link. Thanks for stopping by. Have a day that's filled with wonder! Therese