A Little Sprinkling

ORIGINAL, UNIQUE WEARABLE ART

Today, with so many men and women working outside the home,

it is rare to find time to indulge your passions...like art!

A favorite quote on a Mary Engelbreit drawing gives me encouragement:

"You're never too old to be what you might have been."

Make time to enjoy what you truly love. I'm just beginning the journey.

My Links (also, flikr):

http://www.mydreamgarden.etsy.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Dream-Garden/108203335873284

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Thinning Winter Woods--Nothing Stays the Same Forever

Oh, how we wish things would change; then, oh, how we wish they would stay the same!

Behind my home is a lovely bit of woods--our main reason for purchasing this home. After many, many years of growth, ash bores hit the woods and took their toll. Poor, dead trees are still falling.

A few days ago, when we had a pretty good wind, a couple of thin tree trunks fell onto the power lines and we had to notify DTE. Today a subcontractor for our energy company took them down, and my husband cut the wood and stacked it as well as he could.

This past year I have noticed quite a thinning going on in the woods. Mother Nature must be house cleaning. It hurts to see it. Never before could I have seen a squirrel, like I did today, running along the "creek" about 200 feet behind our property. Saw him right through the woods! Never before could I see homes across the creek and land beyond it. Usually, in the winter, we could see a porch light flicker. In the summer we could see nothing through the thicket.

We were just saying, yesterday morning, that there will be nothing left but cottonwood trees, and that's something I feel ungrateful about but can't help. Cottonwoods make a mess of everything, especially my garden in the spring and early summer. Looks like snow has fallen.

I so wish we could keep everything beyond our property line as it was yesterday, or, at least, as it stands today. But, sadly, or happily, time passes and nothing stays the same forever.

Pleasant dreams of forests, trees, critters, birds and no changes when we don't want them...

Dreamer

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Trenton, MI, United States
Art is my passion. My shop at mydreamgarden.etsy.com is just a little jaunt. Please stop by my shop anytime and also follow this blog. Feel free to leave comments, especially positive ones! I invite constructive criticism as well; it makes for continued growth. Write me: mydreamgarden@wideopenwest.com. "itsmydreamgarden" on Yahoo. Google "mydreamgarden" and link to my Etsy website from there. You can also get to my Etsy page from this blog. Go to my Profile and click on the link. Thanks for stopping by. Have a day that's filled with wonder! Therese