A Little Sprinkling

ORIGINAL, UNIQUE WEARABLE ART

Today, with so many men and women working outside the home,

it is rare to find time to indulge your passions...like art!

A favorite quote on a Mary Engelbreit drawing gives me encouragement:

"You're never too old to be what you might have been."

Make time to enjoy what you truly love. I'm just beginning the journey.

My Links (also, flikr):

http://www.mydreamgarden.etsy.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Dream-Garden/108203335873284

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bridal Jewelry and Cheesecake!

Have you ever had a good feeling about something? Well, once again, I've had a small opportunity come my way. It's so itty, bitty, but I still see great potential in it.

I was asked to display bridal jewelry and scarves in a cheesecake shop (of all things). It's a neat, clean, trendy-looking, little place with some tables and chairs for enjoying dessert and a cup of coffee. The owner said that lots of brides-to-be make her shop their first stop in wedding planning, and that would give my jewelry exposure. I'm sure you couldn't miss it with her awesome display area right off to the side of the wonderful baked goods counter.

I've got to say, they have got to have the most wonderful cheesecake, and so many different flavors. I love cheesecake. Actually on Saturday, my granddaughter and I split a slice of their Reese's Peanut Butter Cup cheesecake. My husband tried German Chocolate Cake--two layers of cheesecake, two layers of chocolate cake and German Chocolate frosting. The only reason I was there was because my daughter had asked me to pick up a custom order for her. Otherwise this opportunity wouldn't have come my way. See how the Lord (or fate, if you like) works!

Wish me luck. My hair accessories--started out as bridal hair accessories--have been selling fast at my niece's salon and spa. People buying them have friends inquiring. Lots of younger women. So, it's looking pretty good for me, so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Please say a prayer for me. Sometimes I need it badly. Don't we all!

And, I won't stop creating my scarves and jewelry for Etsy, either. So there's another prayer I need. Time!

Wish I could quit my day job!!!


Pleasant dreams of brides and crystals and pearls and cheesecakes dancing and shimmering. What a combination of things "sweet"!

Bridal Baby

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Go for it!!Good luck...but your items are so lovely, I don't think luck will need be employed:)

My Dream Garden said...

Thanks, D. You're always supportive and I appreciate it!

About Me

My photo
Trenton, MI, United States
Art is my passion. My shop at mydreamgarden.etsy.com is just a little jaunt. Please stop by my shop anytime and also follow this blog. Feel free to leave comments, especially positive ones! I invite constructive criticism as well; it makes for continued growth. Write me: mydreamgarden@wideopenwest.com. "itsmydreamgarden" on Yahoo. Google "mydreamgarden" and link to my Etsy website from there. You can also get to my Etsy page from this blog. Go to my Profile and click on the link. Thanks for stopping by. Have a day that's filled with wonder! Therese