A Little Sprinkling

ORIGINAL, UNIQUE WEARABLE ART

Today, with so many men and women working outside the home,

it is rare to find time to indulge your passions...like art!

A favorite quote on a Mary Engelbreit drawing gives me encouragement:

"You're never too old to be what you might have been."

Make time to enjoy what you truly love. I'm just beginning the journey.

My Links (also, flikr):

http://www.mydreamgarden.etsy.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Dream-Garden/108203335873284

Friday, August 27, 2010

A Story of Daisies

Memories of hours spent painting pictures of flowers, not knowing what the heck I was doing or how to use oil paints.Total frustration!

Memories of friend Marilyn and I sketching pictures of girls and fashions, then asking her mom to judge them. That didn't always go over so well.

Summer of 9th grade, we decided to take High School Art. But making tile ash trays wasn't exactly what I had in mind. So... After causing some trouble, I was told that I was finished. "Out!"

Fast-forward 8 years, a young married woman, I placed daisies, a gift from my husband, in a tall mug, part of a set we purchased together . The turquoise paint I had mixed just made the whole thing. I don't know when it disappeared, but I am saddened at the thought of losing something so precious. I still have hope.

One of my first charms--a daisy that speaks of love. After all, "daisies do tell". From my husband:



Today I spotted daisies on someone's blog. An artist friend, Dora , is their painter. If you like daisies at all, or, for that matter, watercolors, you will truly enjoy hers.

Pleasant dreams of daisies spinning and bending in the wind; dancing to the music...

Flower Child at Heart

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your shop is looking gorgeous!!! Love your new autumn colors that are peaking through:)

My Dream Garden said...

Thanks, D. You're super! I love ya'! I just listed two new scarves. I'm really getting excited. I think I'll do some Halloween items. Have lots of ideas swirling in my head. Nothing new, eh! We all have it going on up there!

About Me

My photo
Trenton, MI, United States
Art is my passion. My shop at mydreamgarden.etsy.com is just a little jaunt. Please stop by my shop anytime and also follow this blog. Feel free to leave comments, especially positive ones! I invite constructive criticism as well; it makes for continued growth. Write me: mydreamgarden@wideopenwest.com. "itsmydreamgarden" on Yahoo. Google "mydreamgarden" and link to my Etsy website from there. You can also get to my Etsy page from this blog. Go to my Profile and click on the link. Thanks for stopping by. Have a day that's filled with wonder! Therese