A Little Sprinkling

ORIGINAL, UNIQUE WEARABLE ART

Today, with so many men and women working outside the home,

it is rare to find time to indulge your passions...like art!

A favorite quote on a Mary Engelbreit drawing gives me encouragement:

"You're never too old to be what you might have been."

Make time to enjoy what you truly love. I'm just beginning the journey.

My Links (also, flikr):

http://www.mydreamgarden.etsy.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Dream-Garden/108203335873284

Thursday, September 9, 2010

German Chocolate or Bust!

Anyone who knows me also knows that I love to make up my own recipes. For my sister's birthday last week, I was asked to bring a cake. Her fav is German Chocolate.

I have a recipe that uses cream of coconut and is similar to a Jello Poke Cake, so I invented my own variation of that dessert:

1 box German Chocolate Cake Mix
2 8-oz Containers Cool Whip
2 cans German Chocolate Frosting
1/4 - 1/2 cup milk
Eggs, oil, water as listed on box

Bake cake as directed in a 9 x 13 inch pan. Open one can German Chocolate frosting, reserving one-third for later. Mix remaining two-thirds frosting with a little milk to thin it down. As cake cools on rack, poke holes all over  top with a knife, then pour/spread the thinned frosting mix over the cake. As it melts, spread it around and into the holes.

Mix the reserved one-third can frosting with an 8-oz. container thawed Cool Whip (whipped topping). Set aside. Take a second can of frosting and spread over cake while slightly warm.

When cake is completely cool, spread frosting/Cool Whip mixture over top. Chill for an hour or so. Top it off with another container of plain, thawed Cool Whip or chocolate Cool Whip. Refrigerate overnight.

Optional: Sprinkle toasted coconut, chocolate shavings, pecans over top. I prefer it without any additional.

The cake was a birthday success. I was asked not to lose my recipe, and I heard "YUM-M-M", so I guess that means they liked it!

Happy Birthday to all September birthdays out there. Pleasant dreams of chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate!

Chocolate Lover

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Trenton, MI, United States
Art is my passion. My shop at mydreamgarden.etsy.com is just a little jaunt. Please stop by my shop anytime and also follow this blog. Feel free to leave comments, especially positive ones! I invite constructive criticism as well; it makes for continued growth. Write me: mydreamgarden@wideopenwest.com. "itsmydreamgarden" on Yahoo. Google "mydreamgarden" and link to my Etsy website from there. You can also get to my Etsy page from this blog. Go to my Profile and click on the link. Thanks for stopping by. Have a day that's filled with wonder! Therese