A Little Sprinkling

ORIGINAL, UNIQUE WEARABLE ART

Today, with so many men and women working outside the home,

it is rare to find time to indulge your passions...like art!

A favorite quote on a Mary Engelbreit drawing gives me encouragement:

"You're never too old to be what you might have been."

Make time to enjoy what you truly love. I'm just beginning the journey.

My Links (also, flikr):

http://www.mydreamgarden.etsy.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Dream-Garden/108203335873284

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Last-Trip-Up-North Treasures on Camera

Possibly our last trip up north this year, we went to visit "Uncle Bob"--our dear old school teacher friend. Bob is in assisted living. We walked the beach behind his home for a final trip of the year and snapped photos of interesting little treasures. I hope you enjoy them.

Beautiful Sandy Waters on East Bay of Lake Michigan (next 3 photos)

















Underwater Zebra Mussels, Lake Michigan


Little Beach Blossom


While walking along the beach we spied these beach chairs showing off their colors


 Shoreline Shell Treasures


 Slow Path to Nowhere (can you see the trail)


 Low water this year left lots of algae along the beach and in the water



 
 Wild Turkeys off the beaten path (I scared them off)


Thanks for letting me share. It's so sad to see summer ending and everything changing. Even the water looks more blue and less aqua. Yet we had so much fun just taking in the glory of Lake Michigan.

Pleasant dreams of beaches, last glimpses of colorful beach chairs, brilliant falling leaves, slightly nippy night air, and all good things that autumn brings...

Barefoot-in-the-Cold-Sand Girl









5 comments:

elsie said...

gorgeous images, the water is always so glorious summer, fall every season has it's own magical impact on the water!

My Dream Garden said...

Glad you enjoyed them. Wouldn't you love to photograph all the time? There is so much to take in.

Emily said...

Great pictures Aunt Theresa! Love you! Emily

My Dream Garden said...

Thanks, Em. Love you, too! Uncle Bob is doing better. Still, we will miss the place when we can't stay there anymore. This is a rare opportunity for photos on his beach.

Joyce Pitrone Hawkins--Wrinkles Don't Hurt said...

Wow Theresa, A photographer too? Great Pictures.
Joyce

About Me

My photo
Trenton, MI, United States
Art is my passion. My shop at mydreamgarden.etsy.com is just a little jaunt. Please stop by my shop anytime and also follow this blog. Feel free to leave comments, especially positive ones! I invite constructive criticism as well; it makes for continued growth. Write me: mydreamgarden@wideopenwest.com. "itsmydreamgarden" on Yahoo. Google "mydreamgarden" and link to my Etsy website from there. You can also get to my Etsy page from this blog. Go to my Profile and click on the link. Thanks for stopping by. Have a day that's filled with wonder! Therese