A Little Sprinkling

ORIGINAL, UNIQUE WEARABLE ART

Today, with so many men and women working outside the home,

it is rare to find time to indulge your passions...like art!

A favorite quote on a Mary Engelbreit drawing gives me encouragement:

"You're never too old to be what you might have been."

Make time to enjoy what you truly love. I'm just beginning the journey.

My Links (also, flikr):

http://www.mydreamgarden.etsy.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Dream-Garden/108203335873284

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Kitty-Kat in a Box


Oh, goodness. How my little (old) kitty loves to climb in boxes! Check out this photo of Katydid in a box that was made for two little Christmas trees made in China. What was made in China--trees or Katy? Anyway, she was peeking at my husband over the top of the box with one eye half closed, giving him a chuckle.

Katy tries out every box and bag that comes into the house. There's another cat in our house by the name of Mickey Tettleton, but he gives in to Katy, and she mothers him. Mickey is quite aloof and easy-going, while Katy "rules the roost," as do women in most homes. Do you think Katy's success at laying claim to the box had anything to do with the fact that she, like all women, can entertain several thoughts, simultaneously, whereas guys can handle only what's in front of them at any given time? Sh-h-h-h.

It's 2 am. Pleasant dreams of kitties in boxes...sleeping, sleeping, s-l-e-e-e-ping... Nighty, night. Meow!

Christmas Cat

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's sweet! Nothing like a furry little independent bundle of cat to make you smile!! Our Jack Russel..Barkley, love bags too! And she always seems to know when there is something special in the bag for her:) She can sniff out her present under the tree among all the others:)

elsie said...

the expression on your kitty's face if priceless... yeah for comfy kitty filled boxes!!

My Dream Garden said...

You two girls have a grasp of what pet love is all about! One of my friends told me Katy is homely she's cute, and I said, "She's not homely", in a whiny voice. We think she's adorable, aside from her pestering us all the time. D, about the present under the tree: Don't ya' love it!

About Me

My photo
Trenton, MI, United States
Art is my passion. My shop at mydreamgarden.etsy.com is just a little jaunt. Please stop by my shop anytime and also follow this blog. Feel free to leave comments, especially positive ones! I invite constructive criticism as well; it makes for continued growth. Write me: mydreamgarden@wideopenwest.com. "itsmydreamgarden" on Yahoo. Google "mydreamgarden" and link to my Etsy website from there. You can also get to my Etsy page from this blog. Go to my Profile and click on the link. Thanks for stopping by. Have a day that's filled with wonder! Therese