A Little Sprinkling

ORIGINAL, UNIQUE WEARABLE ART

Today, with so many men and women working outside the home,

it is rare to find time to indulge your passions...like art!

A favorite quote on a Mary Engelbreit drawing gives me encouragement:

"You're never too old to be what you might have been."

Make time to enjoy what you truly love. I'm just beginning the journey.

My Links (also, flikr):

http://www.mydreamgarden.etsy.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Dream-Garden/108203335873284

Friday, December 31, 2010

Alone on New Year's Eve

Oh, how I wish my husband wouldn't take assignments on evenings like this. He is part of security at the Red Wings game tonight and truly loves just being there with all the excitement.

That leaves me to catch up on the New Year's Eve blog postings. I have read some wonderful stories and toasts to the New Year. It is now 11:28 pm. I'll turn on the TV in a few minutes and watch "something" drop. It might not even be a ball.

Last year my granddaughter and I watched  a funny movie and got up and danced all around the sofa. It was exhilarating!

Tonight is very different. I'm still a party-er, so it's hard to sit still. But when I read all of those thought-provoking and inspiring posts, I was moved to a place of contentment I wasn't in earlier today.

I have been sick for the last two weeks so we played it by ear as to whether or not we would celebrate New Year's Eve.  Instead Mike and I had lunch together, then came home and I listed some new items in my shop, called my daughter, called my mom, read my friends' blogs and am now finishing up to the sound of fire crackers.

I can't help but wonder what lies ahead in 2011. There have been better and worse years, of course. I feel blessed that we have our health, our church family, our own family, our friends and "my bunco club"friends! I'm especially grateful to have all of you--my online friends and fellow artists.

To you all I toast a great year ahead for each and every one of you. May each of us be blessed with all that we "need" and a little of what we "want".

Pleasant Dreams of new beginnings, of peace, calm, love, less stress, financial security, good health...

Therese

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Trenton, MI, United States
Art is my passion. My shop at mydreamgarden.etsy.com is just a little jaunt. Please stop by my shop anytime and also follow this blog. Feel free to leave comments, especially positive ones! I invite constructive criticism as well; it makes for continued growth. Write me: mydreamgarden@wideopenwest.com. "itsmydreamgarden" on Yahoo. Google "mydreamgarden" and link to my Etsy website from there. You can also get to my Etsy page from this blog. Go to my Profile and click on the link. Thanks for stopping by. Have a day that's filled with wonder! Therese