A Little Sprinkling

ORIGINAL, UNIQUE WEARABLE ART

Today, with so many men and women working outside the home,

it is rare to find time to indulge your passions...like art!

A favorite quote on a Mary Engelbreit drawing gives me encouragement:

"You're never too old to be what you might have been."

Make time to enjoy what you truly love. I'm just beginning the journey.

My Links (also, flikr):

http://www.mydreamgarden.etsy.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Dream-Garden/108203335873284

Friday, April 16, 2010

80-Degrees with Sunny Assertiveness

Oh, brother! It was a gorgeous day today! Two days ago it wasn't nearly as warm, but, nevertheless, out went my laundry--first time this year--on the line, across the back of the deck, twisted around the post and diagonally across the pergola back to the corner where I started. All of my clothes dried except for the elastic waistbands. Now today was a different story. Had I hung out my laundry, it would have dried in an instant!


 I like playing little "Suzie Homemaker"! She stays at home, cleans, shops, smiles, shops, bakes, shops, runs errands, shops, makes things, shops. You get the picture!


There are jobs I've liked, but, truthfully, I just like working out of my home like any nice little artist. Some people would scoff at that remark, especially my family...to call myself, "nice". Hah! I used to be nice when I was young, but that's when things wouldn't fly out of my mouth all the time. Oh, just little things that don't seem to be bad, but, somehow I'm always feeling like I'm in a jam these days.


People used to say I was "so sweet" and that "she wouldn't hurt anyone". Well, now that I've become "assertive", I'm not so nice anymore. "Assertive"? my family would say. Another "hah!" I just think I am. Actually, I'm caught somewhere in between: losing friends fast due to my so-called "assertiveness", but getting stepped on all the time because I'm so "easy", not "nice". I think I've got it figured out. They get away with it, so they keep doing it. You know what I mean--allowing people to take advantage of you.


No more Mr. Nice Guy! Now there's a song that just came into my mind. I wonder why.


Anyway, about the laundry thing: tomorrow's expected to be about 65 degrees and rainy. Back to the drawing board. No laundry, no gardening. Just lazing around the house. Hah! I guess I like that word. I'll be working on my art, cleaning house, using the computer but not shopping! Gee whiz; I wish that 80 degrees would stay for awhile and I could feel happy and sunny and not feel like being assertive by "politely" putting someone in their place!


Sincerely,
Sunny & Slightly Assertive Laundry Lady

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Trenton, MI, United States
Art is my passion. My shop at mydreamgarden.etsy.com is just a little jaunt. Please stop by my shop anytime and also follow this blog. Feel free to leave comments, especially positive ones! I invite constructive criticism as well; it makes for continued growth. Write me: mydreamgarden@wideopenwest.com. "itsmydreamgarden" on Yahoo. Google "mydreamgarden" and link to my Etsy website from there. You can also get to my Etsy page from this blog. Go to my Profile and click on the link. Thanks for stopping by. Have a day that's filled with wonder! Therese