A Little Sprinkling

ORIGINAL, UNIQUE WEARABLE ART

Today, with so many men and women working outside the home,

it is rare to find time to indulge your passions...like art!

A favorite quote on a Mary Engelbreit drawing gives me encouragement:

"You're never too old to be what you might have been."

Make time to enjoy what you truly love. I'm just beginning the journey.

My Links (also, flikr):

http://www.mydreamgarden.etsy.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Dream-Garden/108203335873284

Friday, April 23, 2010

Sounding Off--VOTE FOR ME!

Well, friends, tomorrow is another day! I have just created a six-twisted-strands necklace with a pendant drop. I just need to attach the clasp, which is the hardest part. It's turquoise, orange and purple. Wow!

Today I was shopping for beads and met a nice lady who does the same. She was invited by the Cranbrook Institute or Museum or something (memory problems again) to display her jewelry. I was so impressed. However, I didn't like her advice, which was for me to make the more elaborate jewelry for my family and just put smaller jewelry, less expensive pieces, in my shop. Why in the world would I want to do boring jewelry and scarves. I'm working to improve my art--to get REALLY ARTSY!

Lots of people give me unsolicited advice. I always want to fight their advice. Why do most people say that I must make a choice of either 1) creating art to make money or 2) creating art for the sheer joy of it? Now, what in the world is wrong with having BOTH??? Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know: the economy is bad right now.

Well-meaning people know that I'm not a business-minded person and not sensible, either, but that doesn't mean that I can't ever be the one who's right! I've wanted to do something like this for my entire life. And I could be working more days a week at a "real" job, but I love having this time to do what I love and hope to make money doing it, too!

I'm having fun for once in my life doing a job I totally love. It's not going to be just a hobby, either. No one can stop me now.

Vote for me! THERESE CAN DO IT! THERESE SPELLS SUCCESS! MY DREAM GARDEN SPELLS SUCCESS! YES!!!!!!!!!

Yours in Art and All Things Wonderful

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Trenton, MI, United States
Art is my passion. My shop at mydreamgarden.etsy.com is just a little jaunt. Please stop by my shop anytime and also follow this blog. Feel free to leave comments, especially positive ones! I invite constructive criticism as well; it makes for continued growth. Write me: mydreamgarden@wideopenwest.com. "itsmydreamgarden" on Yahoo. Google "mydreamgarden" and link to my Etsy website from there. You can also get to my Etsy page from this blog. Go to my Profile and click on the link. Thanks for stopping by. Have a day that's filled with wonder! Therese