A Little Sprinkling

ORIGINAL, UNIQUE WEARABLE ART

Today, with so many men and women working outside the home,

it is rare to find time to indulge your passions...like art!

A favorite quote on a Mary Engelbreit drawing gives me encouragement:

"You're never too old to be what you might have been."

Make time to enjoy what you truly love. I'm just beginning the journey.

My Links (also, flikr):

http://www.mydreamgarden.etsy.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Dream-Garden/108203335873284

Friday, April 16, 2010

Working Girl Artist

Oh, my. It takes a heap of time to promote your art work online. That's why an artist has to be a "working girl", too! That is, unless her husband is full of it. Oh, what were you thinking! I meant, full of money!!! Shame on you!

I cleaned house for my sister today for 4 1/2 hours. Whew! She's so good to me. My hours were cut at work, like everyone else's here in good old Michigan and in the USA! And I spend way too much time on my home computer trying to get my art "noticed". Oh, yeah! So much to learn.

Guess what! It's paying off! If you Google "unique wearable fiber art", you'll now find me on the first page! Yes! I did it! One of my goals has come to fruition. I have lots of them!

Well, anyway, I'm just a working girl trying to make a living and hoping that living will come, in time, via my art. Oh how lovely that would be!

How 'bout those lucky Etsy artists who get to quit their day jobs and do what they love at home while they get paid to do it! It might be what they're creating. I'm still trying to figure it all out. But don't let it fool you, those determined individuals are working mega amounts of hours. Don't forget: Time flies by when you're having fun!

So long for now!
Working Girl Artist

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Trenton, MI, United States
Art is my passion. My shop at mydreamgarden.etsy.com is just a little jaunt. Please stop by my shop anytime and also follow this blog. Feel free to leave comments, especially positive ones! I invite constructive criticism as well; it makes for continued growth. Write me: mydreamgarden@wideopenwest.com. "itsmydreamgarden" on Yahoo. Google "mydreamgarden" and link to my Etsy website from there. You can also get to my Etsy page from this blog. Go to my Profile and click on the link. Thanks for stopping by. Have a day that's filled with wonder! Therese