A Little Sprinkling

ORIGINAL, UNIQUE WEARABLE ART

Today, with so many men and women working outside the home,

it is rare to find time to indulge your passions...like art!

A favorite quote on a Mary Engelbreit drawing gives me encouragement:

"You're never too old to be what you might have been."

Make time to enjoy what you truly love. I'm just beginning the journey.

My Links (also, flikr):

http://www.mydreamgarden.etsy.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Dream-Garden/108203335873284

Friday, May 21, 2010

Cool Prom, Cool Babe

Well, I've been having fun reading blogs, as if I really have the time! Elsie's blog, Namaste on Etsy, reminded me of one of my senior proms with my friend, Jim. Now, Jim was w-a-a-a-y taller than I was: Jim-- 6', me--just short of 5'4". Slow dancing was, well, let's say uncomfortable...well, you can imagine. I couldn't see over his shoulder! Had a great time, anyway!

Tonight we celebrated my husband's birthday. I found the cutest card. I can't get it into my post, so here it is: http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/643091/woman-in-fridge-print-pdf-june-19-2008-7-16-pm-4-7-meg?da=y

Cool Babe (You'll get it when you see the card)

2 comments:

elsie said...

5'4'? You're a GIANT my girl!! I'm 5'1!! My prom date buddy Alex was over 6 feet and my 1st husband is 6'2' (what a pain in the neck- yeah just how it sounds!) My current forever prom date/husband is 5'10' and in heels (me not him) he is the perfect height for slow dancing!!

My Dream Garden said...

You've got me beat, by far! I didn't want to say it, but I had to keep peering through his armpit! I don't see too many people in your generation who are 5'1"; don't know why. Well, actually, two "Peggy's" in my class were about 5'1" or so. I wanted to be shorter when I was in grade school. Silly, aren't I? Shorter girls were so popular and looked so cute! But, now, my four sisters are all taller than I am, and one of them is so svelte. Actually, she could be Celine Dion's twin. My two brothers are over 6'. Finally, my mom used to be around 5'1" or 5'2". She's 80 this year--lost some height. I'm so happy for you that you finally found a man who is much shorter than the others, but you still must wear stiletto's (did I spell that right?)

About Me

My photo
Trenton, MI, United States
Art is my passion. My shop at mydreamgarden.etsy.com is just a little jaunt. Please stop by my shop anytime and also follow this blog. Feel free to leave comments, especially positive ones! I invite constructive criticism as well; it makes for continued growth. Write me: mydreamgarden@wideopenwest.com. "itsmydreamgarden" on Yahoo. Google "mydreamgarden" and link to my Etsy website from there. You can also get to my Etsy page from this blog. Go to my Profile and click on the link. Thanks for stopping by. Have a day that's filled with wonder! Therese