Sunday, June 6, 2010
The Wonders and Perils of Nature!
Last night, after Relay for Life, we heard "air raid" sirens--as they used to be called--shouting their warning for what seemed like an eternity. I don't recall having heard them except for testing at noon on Saturdays. Tuning in to a local station we found a tornado warning for our immediate area. Orange sky at night; a downpour, thunder and lightening; then a change in the sky's color. Basement, here I come! Oh, but "Mr. Tough Guy" thought I was funny. Someday... Needless to say, a tornado touched down about 15 minutes from our home and another about 30 minutes away. Hmmm!
A baby groundhog ambled up our backyard sidewalk a few minutes ago and scurried into a vacant, built-in doghouse as he spied me heading in his direction. Meanwhile, a beautiful dove observed, peacefully; a couple of butterflies flitted around the flowers; a dragonfly landed on some ledge rock and a hummingbird suspended itself above flowers at the base of my clematis and me, without my camera! Five minutes of my life to take in the wonder of God's creation. There's nothing quite like it, being in and among the elements of Mother Nature. So blessed, we are.
- ► 2011 (28)
- A Rock by Any Other Name...
- Have You Ever...
- The Hands of an Artist
- Birthday Greetings & Hair Accessories
- Getting Over the Loss
- Petoskey Stones, Fossils and Old Glass Bottles
- The Birds and the Bees
- Father's Day for the Guys
- After the Party
- Happy Birthday, Therese!
- Relay for Life Results
- Sally Go 'Round the Roses in my Garden
- The Turtle and the Hare
- Petoskey Stone Necklace & History
- The Wonders and Perils of Nature!
- Hot Dogs, Rain and the Relay
- Exciting Adventures on Etsy and Facebook
- June Bugs
- ▼ June (18)
- My Dream Garden
- Trenton, MI, United States
- Art is my passion. My shop at mydreamgarden.etsy.com is just a little jaunt. Please stop by my shop anytime and also follow this blog. Feel free to leave comments, especially positive ones! I invite constructive criticism as well; it makes for continued growth. Write me: email@example.com. "itsmydreamgarden" on Yahoo. Google "mydreamgarden" and link to my Etsy website from there. You can also get to my Etsy page from this blog. Go to my Profile and click on the link. Thanks for stopping by. Have a day that's filled with wonder! Therese