A Little Sprinkling

ORIGINAL, UNIQUE WEARABLE ART

Today, with so many men and women working outside the home,

it is rare to find time to indulge your passions...like art!

A favorite quote on a Mary Engelbreit drawing gives me encouragement:

"You're never too old to be what you might have been."

Make time to enjoy what you truly love. I'm just beginning the journey.

My Links (also, flikr):

http://www.mydreamgarden.etsy.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Dream-Garden/108203335873284

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Rock by Any Other Name...

Being a true lover of sea glass, but not knowing I could find it in Michigan, I never really scoured the beaches for it. After all, we don't have a lot of sandy beaches around these parts. You can live in a place for eons and not know of the existence of certain places. They can be very dreamy places you'd love to escape to, but you've not known they were there.

One website displayed all different types of beach glass found on Lake Erie. I was amazed. My mind started drifting off to beaches in the area where I could go beach combing.

On a recent boat trip to one of Lake Erie's many islands with my daughter, I found a shiny black rock (photos below). I have no idea what the rock is.
 
A couple of days ago I joined a website appropriately called, "Sea Glass Lovers". I put the question out there. Some speculated that it might be obsidian, which is a type of lava rock produced by volcanic action. Of course, we have no volcanoes in Michigan, so I'm still left wondering. It isn't transparent, so that it would be glass seems unlikely.

If you have any thoughts, please post them on my blog.

A rock, by any other name, is still the same!
Rocky Mountain High


 



No comments:

About Me

My photo
Trenton, MI, United States
Art is my passion. My shop at mydreamgarden.etsy.com is just a little jaunt. Please stop by my shop anytime and also follow this blog. Feel free to leave comments, especially positive ones! I invite constructive criticism as well; it makes for continued growth. Write me: mydreamgarden@wideopenwest.com. "itsmydreamgarden" on Yahoo. Google "mydreamgarden" and link to my Etsy website from there. You can also get to my Etsy page from this blog. Go to my Profile and click on the link. Thanks for stopping by. Have a day that's filled with wonder! Therese