A Little Sprinkling

ORIGINAL, UNIQUE WEARABLE ART

Today, with so many men and women working outside the home,

it is rare to find time to indulge your passions...like art!

A favorite quote on a Mary Engelbreit drawing gives me encouragement:

"You're never too old to be what you might have been."

Make time to enjoy what you truly love. I'm just beginning the journey.

My Links (also, flikr):

http://www.mydreamgarden.etsy.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Dream-Garden/108203335873284

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Big Dipper

How cute: Our 4-year-old grandson  was looking up at the sky last night while excitedly calling out to me, "Mimi, there's the big dipper"! After watching a shooting star the previous night, our son had pointed out the Big Dipper to him. Those little ones remember everything!.

Anyway, our son motioned for us to look upward, and explained to us how you can find the North Star via the Big Dipper. Of course, we already knew all about it, but we just went along. Actually, I had thought it was off the handle, but he informed me that the star is really off the lip of the cup. So, there. I did learn something from my son. Glad I was paying attention in case he decided to quiz me. After all, he is a teacher!

It was a beautiful night! I just sat there looking at the last glimmer of light from a sun that, a few moments ago, had just finished its "setting" routine--twilight time. The three "boys" were swinging on the deck, under the canopy, with their eyes fixed on the western sky. Dusk was approaching quickly and the first stars were showing. There were a couple of very bright stars and we wondered if they were planets. My husband, in his infinite wisdom, and his knowledge of the night sky, informed us that the planets were the ones that appeared to be near the horizon, not straight up.

That was last night, and tonight is tonight. May you have a restful sleep. The stars are out and so is Mr. Moon. Pleasant dreams...

Mimi Stargazer

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Trenton, MI, United States
Art is my passion. My shop at mydreamgarden.etsy.com is just a little jaunt. Please stop by my shop anytime and also follow this blog. Feel free to leave comments, especially positive ones! I invite constructive criticism as well; it makes for continued growth. Write me: mydreamgarden@wideopenwest.com. "itsmydreamgarden" on Yahoo. Google "mydreamgarden" and link to my Etsy website from there. You can also get to my Etsy page from this blog. Go to my Profile and click on the link. Thanks for stopping by. Have a day that's filled with wonder! Therese