A Little Sprinkling

ORIGINAL, UNIQUE WEARABLE ART

Today, with so many men and women working outside the home,

it is rare to find time to indulge your passions...like art!

A favorite quote on a Mary Engelbreit drawing gives me encouragement:

"You're never too old to be what you might have been."

Make time to enjoy what you truly love. I'm just beginning the journey.

My Links (also, flikr):

http://www.mydreamgarden.etsy.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Dream-Garden/108203335873284

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Similar Experience with Bread-making

AmongTheRuins Steampunk Jewelry  has a blog (check it out) on which she is writing about her bread-making failures. That prompted me to write about one of my few successes. Poor, dear, Among the Ruins, tried it from scratch. I've never had much luck working with yeast, myself.

My one biggest success was using a bread-maker. I baked a nice, cinnamon, whole-grain bread (coming up with my own recipe while using the bread machine's ideas). When the bread was fully baked and slightly cooled, I frosted each very thick piece with cinnamon frosting. Oh, my goodness. Talk about yummy! The kids thought it tasted like an authentic Cinnabon Cinnabon's website.

Well, that's been years. I need to bring my bread-maker upstairs again, but, sorry to say, I'm usually trying to cut down on my carb intake. It trims my waist and stops the bloating. So, what's a bread-lover to do!

Tomorrow I'll make a wonderful coconut cake, instead, for my thoughtful neighbor who mowed our lawn while we were gone. But that's a story for another day.

Have a lovely afternoon and evening!

Busy Baker

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh dear me....bread making is really very simple and doesn't take time, per se. You just have to be patient and wait for it. I've made tons of regular bread. Now I'm trying to make sourdough for the first time. That's going to be a huge victory when I get this to work for me. Just one more item (yeast) that I will no longer have to purchase!! I am driven by the idea of something for free. LOL
Thank you for the mention Dream Garden!!!

My Dream Garden said...

You're very welcome! I wondered what you were talking about--not having to purchase yeast--but I think you mean that you use a culture instead of yeast. Right? I guess I got an old pkg. of yeast years ago when I tried to make bread. I got frustrated. By the way, who doesn't like something for free!

About Me

My photo
Trenton, MI, United States
Art is my passion. My shop at mydreamgarden.etsy.com is just a little jaunt. Please stop by my shop anytime and also follow this blog. Feel free to leave comments, especially positive ones! I invite constructive criticism as well; it makes for continued growth. Write me: mydreamgarden@wideopenwest.com. "itsmydreamgarden" on Yahoo. Google "mydreamgarden" and link to my Etsy website from there. You can also get to my Etsy page from this blog. Go to my Profile and click on the link. Thanks for stopping by. Have a day that's filled with wonder! Therese