Monday, July 12, 2010
Late Night Last Night
Stayed up until 4 am this morning. My friend came into town and stayed the night. It was so much fun, but, whoa, am I tired. The words are fuzzy on my keyboard--I mean monitor. See what I mean!
I thought I'd try my hand at making a few little charms for my Etsy shop; however, as I began twisting the wire and adding trinkets, I wondered if all those delicate sterling silver charms wouldn't look better twinkling and tingling, flipping and flopping on someone's wrist. Wouldn't they look so adorable altogether on one bracelet, I thought. And I'm still thinking about it.
Sometimes visions of bracelets, necklaces, earrings or scarves take up residence in my head. The visions develop into designs that seem so wonderful at the time. But, as I continue to nurture those dreams and begin the process of creating, I find that it isn't as appealing as it once had been. OK, then, I say to myself. Time to change course; try something different. It can be so exasperating!
My friend, Marilyn--the one who spent the night last night--had some really ingenious ideas for my scarves. I received a lot of input and very much appreciated. It's good to welcome ideas from others, especially friends who are willing to be honest with you. I have lots to go on now and just need to put those ideas to work for me.
Well, another day has come and gone, and I desperately need sleep. Pleasant dreams to all!
Tired and Exasperated Dreamer
- ► 2011 (28)
- "Summer's Days are Numbered" my Poem
- Similar Experience with Bread-making
- More Ice Cream and Doughnuts!
- Donuts or Ice Cream? That is the question.
- Mother Bear and the Legend
- Here's to Vacations
- Hamburger Heaven
- Late Night Last Night
- Love My Butterflies!
- Creative Time Urgency
- It's Really Wednesday Night
- Someday, butterfly garden...
- 4th of July and Independence for Us All
- Fireworks and Searching for Independence
- Big Dipper
- ▼ July (15)
- My Dream Garden
- Trenton, MI, United States
- Art is my passion. My shop at mydreamgarden.etsy.com is just a little jaunt. Please stop by my shop anytime and also follow this blog. Feel free to leave comments, especially positive ones! I invite constructive criticism as well; it makes for continued growth. Write me: email@example.com. "itsmydreamgarden" on Yahoo. Google "mydreamgarden" and link to my Etsy website from there. You can also get to my Etsy page from this blog. Go to my Profile and click on the link. Thanks for stopping by. Have a day that's filled with wonder! Therese