A Little Sprinkling

ORIGINAL, UNIQUE WEARABLE ART

Today, with so many men and women working outside the home,

it is rare to find time to indulge your passions...like art!

A favorite quote on a Mary Engelbreit drawing gives me encouragement:

"You're never too old to be what you might have been."

Make time to enjoy what you truly love. I'm just beginning the journey.

My Links (also, flikr):

http://www.mydreamgarden.etsy.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Dream-Garden/108203335873284

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Love My Butterflies!

Let me tell you 'bout the birds and the bees,
and the flowers in the trees...

Wow! I photographed five or six different types of butterflies two days ago in my garden. I'll have to see which of my flowers attract butterflies. So far the butterfly bush is like a party hall for butterflies, and the bee balm flowers look like cushions in which the bees, butterflies, butterfly moths, etc., find a lovely respite. Below are photos of several different butterflies, namely: Tiger Swallowtail, Monarch, Great Spangled Fritillary and Red Admiral. I believe I missed one, but I'll have to check it out later.

The hummingbird moth looks like a crawdad to me. It also obviously resembles a hummingbird and a moth. This particular one is the Hummingbird Moth Clear Wing. If you are interested, I can provide a link for you to read up on these interesting creatures.

Not only is there a hummingbird moth, there's also a hummingbird bee. I've seen it, but I haven't captured an image of it, nor have I been able to catch a photo of the hummingbird that flits around our yard and lands on an overhead line, periodically. It's so adorable.

Well, even though this post says it's Saturday, it's really Friday to me. I'm up late again. It's 12:41 am, and I'm going off to dreamland. Pleasant dreams of butterflies landing all over your body, covering you until you're totally wrapped up in the Haute' Couture of Mother Nature.

Night, night. Sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite!

Sleep Madame Butterfly



2 comments:

Diane said...

Hi, Just came over after I read your comment on my post about the bee and bee balm. This is a beautiful post, you got some great shots of both the bee and the butterflies, I know how hard that is and how patient you have to be. Thanks for visiting mine, I'll keep track of yours, Diane

My Dream Garden said...

Thanks, Diane! I appreciate your reading my post. Love, love, love photos of nature, don't you? I'm sure about it. I enjoyed reading yours and viewing your photos. Thanks, again.

About Me

My photo
Trenton, MI, United States
Art is my passion. My shop at mydreamgarden.etsy.com is just a little jaunt. Please stop by my shop anytime and also follow this blog. Feel free to leave comments, especially positive ones! I invite constructive criticism as well; it makes for continued growth. Write me: mydreamgarden@wideopenwest.com. "itsmydreamgarden" on Yahoo. Google "mydreamgarden" and link to my Etsy website from there. You can also get to my Etsy page from this blog. Go to my Profile and click on the link. Thanks for stopping by. Have a day that's filled with wonder! Therese