Friday, July 16, 2010
Mother Bear and the Legend
This evening a call came in from an old classmate who was, actually, the Best Man in our wedding. We haven't seen him in awhile since he lives in Chicago. Can't wait to meet up at our friend's house next week. How much fun!
Every one of us needs to get away from the mundane or the crazy, spastic life we lead, of which mine is the latter. My life is like a whirlwind: swirling with activity that never ceases. If life were less complex and busy, I would have more time to design jewelry and scarves and make my designs into something tangible.
As we visit our friend--an artist, too--we'll talk about our current projects and discuss which little shops to hit. We'll also hit an art fair to see other artists at work and to buy, buy, buy... I'm afraid I'll spend my entire vacation reserve on specialty yarns, ribbons, beads and stones.
After celebrating with friends for a few days, we'll join one of our children and his family for this year's adventures on Lake Michigan and Sleeping Bear Dunes. How much more could you ask for. It's every bit as special as traveling to Europe or going on an African safari, but much less expensive and shared with some of our very favorite people!
Our son painted a picture for his little guy's bedroom. It renders his interpretation of the Legend of Sleeping Bear Dunes. I love it so much!
Here's to the Legend of Sleeping Bear Dunes and to the tears of Mother Bear as she weeps for her young. To read the story, click on this link: Sleeping Bear Dunes and this link: The Legend of the Sleeping Bear. Check out this book on Amazon that tells all about the legend.
Pleasant dreams until next week. Dreams of sleeping bears, the lake, swimming, sand, Petosky stones and all the wonderful things vacations are made of!
- ► 2011 (28)
- "Summer's Days are Numbered" my Poem
- Similar Experience with Bread-making
- More Ice Cream and Doughnuts!
- Donuts or Ice Cream? That is the question.
- Mother Bear and the Legend
- Here's to Vacations
- Hamburger Heaven
- Late Night Last Night
- Love My Butterflies!
- Creative Time Urgency
- It's Really Wednesday Night
- Someday, butterfly garden...
- 4th of July and Independence for Us All
- Fireworks and Searching for Independence
- Big Dipper
- ▼ July (15)
- My Dream Garden
- Trenton, MI, United States
- Art is my passion. My shop at mydreamgarden.etsy.com is just a little jaunt. Please stop by my shop anytime and also follow this blog. Feel free to leave comments, especially positive ones! I invite constructive criticism as well; it makes for continued growth. Write me: email@example.com. "itsmydreamgarden" on Yahoo. Google "mydreamgarden" and link to my Etsy website from there. You can also get to my Etsy page from this blog. Go to my Profile and click on the link. Thanks for stopping by. Have a day that's filled with wonder! Therese