Saturday, July 24, 2010
More Ice Cream and Doughnuts!
Back home and just as puffed up as can be. More ice cream and doughnuts! Well, I already wrote about it in my last post; however, I'd like to add that I didn't stick to my eating plan. Normal for me when it comes to facing dessert.
On our way home we stopped at a small town along the coast. After shopping and lunch, we both had another ice cream cone. I dropped the whole thing on the boardwalk, but they let me have another and wouldn't take any money, saying, "People drop them all the time". So nice of them.
Oh, but wait: This morning, we went to the bakery, again, and ate more doughnuts! Now, this calls for a low-carb diet and bike-ride every night for the rest of the summer! We can make it fun and tasty; you'll see!
Last night, our final night in Frankfort, we saw a wedding on the beach and a concert in the park. Someone played lots of "oldies" on his guitar: Eric Clapton, Elvis, Neil Young, Johnny Cash, 5th Street Bridge, Roger Miller, Moody Blues, Simon and Garfunkle and on and on. Boy, was he ever a hit! We sat on a picnic bench with fresh fried perch and a bottle of wine.
Back to the beach with our family, we sat around a bonfire. Oh, but that was after I'd had another scoop of peppermint ice cream at Moomer's. What? You say. Yes, I say: It was my VACATION and THAT INCLUDES "EATING"!!!
Tired, with a full tummy, I'm happy to be home. Pleasant dreams of anything but ice cream and doughnuts!
- ► 2011 (28)
- "Summer's Days are Numbered" my Poem
- Similar Experience with Bread-making
- More Ice Cream and Doughnuts!
- Donuts or Ice Cream? That is the question.
- Mother Bear and the Legend
- Here's to Vacations
- Hamburger Heaven
- Late Night Last Night
- Love My Butterflies!
- Creative Time Urgency
- It's Really Wednesday Night
- Someday, butterfly garden...
- 4th of July and Independence for Us All
- Fireworks and Searching for Independence
- Big Dipper
- ▼ July (15)
- My Dream Garden
- Trenton, MI, United States
- Art is my passion. My shop at mydreamgarden.etsy.com is just a little jaunt. Please stop by my shop anytime and also follow this blog. Feel free to leave comments, especially positive ones! I invite constructive criticism as well; it makes for continued growth. Write me: email@example.com. "itsmydreamgarden" on Yahoo. Google "mydreamgarden" and link to my Etsy website from there. You can also get to my Etsy page from this blog. Go to my Profile and click on the link. Thanks for stopping by. Have a day that's filled with wonder! Therese